Several of Our Types of Flooring are Hypoallergenic – Even Some Carpets!
If you suffer from asthma or allergies, or if someone in your family struggles with asthma or allergies, you probably know that choosing hypoallergenic types of flooring is an important step you can take to alleviate these problems. However, you don’t want to feel limited to a few types of flooring. The great news is that there are many types of flooring that are hypoallergenic, even some types of carpet, so you should have many options to choose from if you need hypoallergenic flooring.
Here are some of the best types of flooring for people with asthma and allergies:
- Hardwood: This type of flooring works great in bedrooms and living spaces. It is not ideal for kitchens or bathrooms as it can be easily damaged by water. It is easy to clean and does not collect allergens.
- Cork or Bamboo: This type of flooring is a sustainable alternative to hardwood that offers many of the same benefits.
- Tile: Ceramic and porcelain tiles are great choices for allergy sufferers. Natural stone would not be as good of a choice because it is more porous. Ceramic and porcelain tile can be used in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Linoleum: This type of flooring is often confused with vinyl flooring, but it is not the same thing. Linoleum is made with natural materials like jute and linseed oil. It is ecofriendly and VOC free.
- Carpet: Traditionally, allergy sufferers have been told to avoid carpet, but some low-pile carpets are great choices for those with allergies. Our Air.o carpet from Mohawk is a great example. It is VOC free and designed for better airflow so that vacuuming pulls more dirt and dust from the carpet.
About Kingdom Floors
At Kingdom Floors, we have a variety of quality flooring types and services offered at reasonable prices for your Garner, North Carolina area property.
Hours of Operation
Mon 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Tue 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Wed 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Thur 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Fri 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Sat 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM